Guide for SELLERS
Selling your own BEST HOME is probably one of the most important financial moves you can make in your life. Besides the financial aspects you and your family members may be personally attached to this special place and to the memories around it. You may have spent together plenty of time and efforts making it your BEST HOME, but now you are ready to make a move…
Let Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions help you to achieve the highest selling value for your current BEST HOME within the shortest time span in transparent and hassle-free on-line auction environment.
The following step-by-step guide will provide you with the essential information on the auction process to ensure that you are comfortable with every step of your new auction journey.
You may also check our Frequently Asked Questions section or contact us if you require any additional information or assistance.
Step 1. CONSIDER BENEFITS OF SELLING YOUR CURRENT BEST HOME AT DOMUS OPTIMA REAL ESTATE AUCTIONS
When you are ready to make a move and sell your current BEST HOME, it is time for you to consider all possible ways of real estate selling (e.g. traditional, auction, private sale) and to choose one that better suits all your needs.
Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions provides a new and innovative approach to real estate selling. Please consider benefits of selling your current BEST HOME at Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions and familiarize yourself with Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions Basics. Find answers to your questions and determine if the auction process provided by Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions suits all your needs. If so, please proceed to the next step and we will be more than glad to assist you with selling your current BEST HOME and making your experience smoother, more transparent and enjoyable.
Step 2. REGISTER FOR YOUR COMPLIMENTARY DOMUS OPTIMA MEMBERSHIP
Complimentary Domus Optima Membership provides full lifetime access to the Members Area of our website with Domus Optima Real Estate Auction listings and services.
To register for your Domus Optima Membership, please:
- Visit our Members Area registration page.
- Fill out the registration form to initially set up your account. Your username should be at least 5, but maximum 10 characters long. Your password should be at least 12 characters long. To make it stronger, use upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols like ! ” ? $ % ^ &.
- Perform Google reCAPTCHA check and submit your registration form.
- Upon successful submission of the registration form, you should receive 2 emails from Domus Optima: confirmation of your Members account registration and activation request with a verification link to activate your account. Do not forget to click the activation link in the account activation request message. Otherwise, you will not be able to log in and you will not receive any of our future emails.
- Please choose your username wisely. Do not use the one which may be offensive or disruptive to other Domus Optima Members.
- Make sure there are no unwanted characters or spelling mistakes in your username, first and last names while filling out the registration form as you will NOT be able to change them later.
- We recommend that you add to your address book and/or contacts, and/or approved/safe sender list within your email application to ensure uninterrupted email delivery.
- If you do not receive our confirmation and/or activation request message(s) within a few minutes of signing up, please make sure that you typed your email correctly and check your other inbox folders such as Junk, Spam, Bulk and Promotions just in case our email(s) got delivered there instead of your main inbox. If so, select the confirmation and/or activation request message(s) and click Not Junk or Not Spam, which will allow future messages from Domus Optima to get through.
- Never share your Domus Optima Members account password with anyone. Domus Optima will never ask you to provide your password via email, phone, SMS, etc.
Step 3. LOG IN TO YOUR DOMUS OPTIMA MEMBERS ACCOUNT AND SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST FOR AUCTION SERVICES
Access all Domus Optima Real Estate Auction listings and services by logging in to your Domus Optima Members account.
My Account section of the Members Area allows you to submit auction services request, manage all your account and membership details as well as provides the insight on your auction activities.
To ensure we have the information we need to best serve you with auctioning of your current BEST HOME, please visit List Your Property section of My Account and take a few moments to fill out and submit a complimentary Auction Services Request.
Once we have received your completed Auction Services Request form, we will consider your Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions listing opportunities and make every effort to get back in touch with you as soon as possible.
- Your licensed real estate agent/broker (if already hired) can submit a complimentary Auction Services Request on your behalf by logging in to his/her Domus Optima Members account and visiting either List Client’s Property section or Listing Agent’s Hub of My Account.
- Keep your Domus Optima Members account safe (especially, if you are using a public computer) by logging out of Domus Optima Members Area every time when you are done.
- Change your Domus Optima Members account password regularly and use a different password than you use for other websites. Make it difficult for others to guess. If you think someone knows your password, change it right away.
Step 4. HIRE A LICENSED REAL ESTATE AGENT / BROKER
Selling your current Best Home requires a good knowledge of your local real estate market trends and involves a great deal of research, paper work and effort. That is why licensed real estate agents are an integral part of Domus Optima Real Estate Auction process. A licensed real estate agent/broker will represent you during the Domus Optima Real Estate Auction process and will manage many traditional real estate functions, including, but not limited to:
- Perform market analysis.
- Prepare and implement a marketing plan.
- Prepare a fact sheet on your current BEST HOME along with photographs, multimedia and other marketing materials.
- Order due diligence packages (property appraisal, inspection, etc.) for your current BEST HOME.
- Assist you with all paperwork required for the auction listing.
- Maintain sign and lock box on your property.
- Conduct showings and open houses.
- Assist you in post-auction and closing events.
We recommend to hire a reputable licensed local real estate agent/broker with an excellent track record of success for all your Domus Optima Real Estate Auction listing/selling needs. Make your research, ask your friends and family members who had a great experience buying or selling their BEST HOME to refer their agent. In addition, you may check the list of real estate agents having experience with listing their clients’ properties at Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions. This list will be kept continually updated with every new Domus Optima Real Estate Auction listing.
Step 5. DO YOUR PRE-AUCTION 'HOMEWORK'
While we will be finalizing auction listing formalities with your real estate agent/broker, it is time to do your pre-auction ‘homework’ – prepare your BEST HOME for showings. First impression matters. The goal is to make it easy for the potential buyers to see your current BEST HOME as their future BEST one.
To make sure that your current BEST HOME sells for top dollar, it is very useful to follow some general guidelines:
- Depersonalize your BEST HOME.
- Declutter your BEST HOME.
- Organize closets and storage spaces.
- Make minor repairs (if needed).
- Make your BEST HOME sparkle clean.
- Stage your BEST HOME.
- Up the curb appeal.
In case of any questions, please discuss them with your real estate agent. In addition, you may wish to hire or consult other professionals to obtain their expert services or advice that is tailored for your circumstances.
- Open houses and private showings are subject to availability and currently in force health and safety guidelines.
Step 6. WAIT FOR THE RESULTS
If you prefer to monitor the auction process of your current BEST HOME, please join the excitement of the online auction venue by logging in to your Domus Optima Members account, searching for the required auction listing and navigating to it anytime from the beginning of the auction.
Alternatively, you may wait till the end of the auction and check its final results the same way as above.
CONGRATULATIONS, if you current BEST HOME has been sold! Your real estate agent/broker will assist you with all post-auction and closing formalities.
Do not be upset, if no or little interest has been shown to your auction listing and your current BEST HOME has not been sold at this time. We will discuss the results together with your real estate agent/broker and consider the most suitable for you opportunities. You may wish to relist your current BEST HOME with us on the same or revised terms, or try to use another non-auction selling channels.
Step 7. CLOSE THE SALE OF YOUR CURRENT BEST HOME
Closing on the property takes place on the date first stated in the auction listing and stipulated in the signed APS (Agreement of Purchase and Sale). On that day and upon fulfillment of all financial and legal formalities you will receive a cheque or bank transfer for the proceeds of the sale. At the same time the ownership and possession of your former BEST HOME will be transferred to the winner of the auction.
Thank you for your business! You just have proved that a new take on an old industry successfully works!
- Do not forget to submit your testimonial about the recent Domus Optima Real Estate Auction experience. We would love to get further insight from you to offer the best possible auctioning experience and to help potential customers make confident decisions. Thank you!