Guide for Co-operating Agents / Brokers
Co-operating agents/brokers representing their clients (perspective buyers) are an integral part of Domus Optima Real Estate Auction system.
To earn a commission for representing a successful buyer (an auction winner successfully closed on the property), the co-operating agent/broker should either be officially appointed by the buyer upon registration for the Domus Optima Real Estate Auction and accept this appointment, or should officially refer the buyer through Domus Optima Affiliate program and the buyer confirms this referral upon registration for the auction.
Co-operating agent/broker manages many traditional real estate functions within Domus Optima Real Estate Auction process, including, but not limited to:
- Accompanying the perspective buyer to pre-auction events.
- Helping the perspective buyer to determine the market value of the property prior to the auction (check due diligence package, market conditions, comparables, etc.).
- Helping the perspective buyer with terms and conditions of the auction.
- Assisting the perspective bidder with Domus Optima Real Estate Auction registration, paperwork and bidding strategy (if needed).
- Assisting the successful buyer (auction winner) in pre-closing and closing events.
The following step-by-step guide will provide you with the essential information on the auction process to ensure that you are comfortable with every step of your new auction journey.
You may also check our Frequently Asked Questions section or contact us if you require any additional information or assistance.
Step 1. REGISTER FOR YOUR COMPLIMENTARY DOMUS OPTIMA MEMBERSHIP
Complimentary Domus Optima Membership provides full lifetime access to the Members Area of our website with Domus Optima Real Estate Auction listings and services.
To register for your Domus Optima Membership, please:
- Visit our Members Area registration page.
- Fill out the registration form to initially set up your account. Your username should be at least 5, but maximum 12 characters long. Your password should be at least 12 characters long. To make it stronger, use upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols like ! ” ? $ % ^ &.
- Perform Google reCAPTCHA check and submit your registration form.
- Upon successful submission of the registration form, you should receive 2 emails from Domus Optima: confirmation of your Members account registration and activation request with a verification link to activate your account. Do not forget to click the activation link in the account activation request message. Otherwise, you will not be able to log in and you will not receive any of our future emails.
- Please choose your username wisely. Do not use the one which may be offensive or disruptive to other Domus Optima Members.
- Make sure there are no unwanted characters or spelling mistakes in your username, first and last names while filling out the registration form as you will NOT be able to change them later.
- We recommend that you add to your address book and/or contacts, and/or approved/safe sender list within your email application to ensure uninterrupted email delivery.
- If you do not receive our confirmation and/or activation request message(s) within a few minutes of signing up, please make sure that you typed your email correctly and check your other inbox folders such as Junk, Spam, Bulk and Promotions just in case our email(s) got delivered there instead of your main inbox. If so, select the confirmation and/or activation request message(s) and click Not Junk or Not Spam, which will allow future messages from Domus Optima to get through.
- Never share your Domus Optima Members account password with anyone. Domus Optima will never ask you to provide your password via email, phone, SMS, etc.
Step 2. LOG IN TO YOUR DOMUS OPTIMA MEMBERS ACCOUNT
Access all Domus Optima Real Estate Auction listings and services by logging in to your Domus Optima Members account.
My Account section of the Members Area allows you to manage all your account and membership details as well as provides the insight on your auction activities.
- Keep your Domus Optima Members account safe (especially, if you are using a public computer) by logging out of Domus Optima Members Area every time when you are done.
- Change your Domus Optima Members account password regularly and use a different password than you use for other websites. Make it difficult for others to guess. If you think someone knows your password, change it right away.
Step 3. ACTIVATE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION (2FA) FOR YOUR ACCOUNT
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an essential and mandatory security measure to protect your Members account with Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions from unauthorized access.
2FA strengthens access security to your account by requiring two methods (also referred to as authentication factors) to verify your identity. These factors include something you know – your username and password – plus something you have – your smartphone / tablet application – to approve authentication requests.
Please activate 2FA within 30 days (grace period) of registering your Members account with Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions.
Setting up 2FA for your Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions account is easy. Just follow these steps, and you’ll be protected in no time:
- Choose an authenticator application to use, if you do not already have one installed on your smartphone or tablet. There are many available for iOS, Android, and other platforms, including Google Authenticator, FreeOTP Authenticator, Sophos Mobile Security, 1Password, LastPass Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy 2-Factor Authentication or any other authenticator app that supports Time-Based One-Time Passwords (TOTP).
- Log in to your Domus Optima Members Account using your username and password (if you haven’t logged in yet).
- Navigate to the Login Security section of My Account from the menu on the left.
- Open your smartphone / tablet authenticator application and add a new entry. Most apps have a plus sign symbol or a tiny QR code symbol.
- Scan the QR code on our Login Security page with your smartphone / tablet. If you are accessing Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions website on your smartphone or tablet and obviously cannot point the camera at its own screen, you can copy the line of letters and numbers below the QR code from the Login Security page and paste that in an application, using the application’s “manual” setup option.
- Your authenticator application should then display a six-digit code.
- You may wish to download and / or print Recovery Codes (can be used if you lose your smartphone or tablet) from the Login Security page. Store downloaded and / or printed Recovery Codes in a safe place.
- Enter the six-digit code that appears in your authenticator application into the appropriate field of the Login Security page to verify and activate two-factor authentication for your members account. This code changes every 60 seconds. If the code expires, you can enter the next code instead.
- Click the “ACTIVATE” button.
Step 4. UPGRADE YOUR DOMUS OPTIMA MEMBERSHIP
Complimentary membership upgrade to Emerald Domus Optima Membership is required for licensed real estate agents/brokers to list their client’s property at Domus Optima Real Estate Auctions, represent perspective sellers and buyers in pre/post auction formalities, participate in Domus Optima Affiliate Program and earn cooperating agent’s commission.
Please visit Available Upgrades section of My Account, add to cart a complimentary Emerald Domus Optima Membership, and take a few moments to fill out and submit your application for the membership upgrade.
We process all Emerald Domus Optima Membership applications once a day, so if approved, you will be notified within the same or the next business day.
- We may contact you if any additional information is required to proceed with your application. That may delay the process of your membership upgrade.
Step 5. INFORM YOUR CUSTOMERS ON PROPERTIES OF THEIR INTEREST
Domus Optima Real Estate Auction Marketplace can help potential buyers to turn their dream REALTY into a REALITY. Please search Domus Optima Real Estate Auction listings to find any property that could be of your customers’ interest.
You can use any available ways of sharing information on the auction listings with your customers. You may also want to share your personalized referral link (URL) generated through Domus Optima Affiliate program. Sharing your personalized referral link with your customers will allow to attribute their purchases on our website (including their registrations for the auctions) to you within half a year from the first use of that referral link.
Our affiliate program is vital for attributing your customers to you in case of auction winning, as to earn your commission for representing a successful buyer (an auction winner successfully closed on the property), you should either be officially appointed by the buyer upon registration for the Domus Optima Real Estate Auction and accept this appointment, or should officially refer the buyer through Domus Optima Affiliate program and the buyer confirms this referral upon registration for the auction.
From time to time we may offer additional referral incentives for Emerald Domus Optima Members through our Domus Optima Affiliate program.
Step 6. ASSIST YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH PRE-AUCTION ACTIVITIES
You are encouraged to assist your customers with all their pre-auction activities, including, but not limited to:
- Complete their due diligence process (including, but not limited to: gathering all the required information, examining and evaluating the property prior to bidding) and arrange consultations with other professionals, if needed to obtain their expert and / or legal advice that is tailored for your customers’ circumstances.
- Visit to the property of their interest during scheduled open house(s) or private showing(s). Arrange appointment for a private showing with the seller’s listing agent.
- Elaborate their bidding limits.
- Register for the upcoming Domus Optima Real Estate Auction of their interest.
- Your customer should appoint you as its real estate representative during its registration for the upcoming auction by filling out the related part of the Additional Information section of the check out page. If incomplete or no information concerning a co-operative agent/broker is provided by the auction winner during its registration for the auction, seller’s Listing Agent/Broker will be appointed to act as a dual agent, and represent and assist the auction winner in the post auction and closing activities and absolutely NO co-operative agent/broker’s commission will be allocated and paid. There can be NO EXCEPTIONS to the procedure of the co-operative agent/broker appointment.
- Open houses and private showings are subject to availability and currently in force health and safety guidelines.
Step 7. ASSIST YOU CUSTOMERS WITH POST-AUCTION ACTIVITIES IN CASE OF AUCTION WINNING
CONGRATULATIONS, if your customer is the auction winner!
At this point, you will need to assist your customer with all post-auction and closing activities, including, but not limited to:
- Duly execute the provided Agreement of Purchase and Sale (APS).
- Provide any required paperwork along with the Earnest Money Deposit, stated in the Auction Listing and APS.
- Arrange pre-closing visits to the property (if required).
You will receive your earned co-operative agent/broker commission as stated in the Auction Listing and ASA if you are properly appointed during the auction registration by the auction winner successfully closed on the property.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS!
- In some cases, the seller has the opportunity to make a Post-Auction Offer to a non-winning bidder to purchase the property at a price equal to their last bid. The non-winning bidder may choose to accept or reject this Post-Auction Offer at their discretion. For more detailed information, please refer to the Post-Auction Offer page.
- Do not forget to submit your testimonial about the recent Domus Optima Real Estate Auction experience. We would love to get further insight from you to offer the best possible auctioning experience and to help potential customers make confident decisions. Thank you!
Log in / Register